1. Unmanaged storage growth
You may not realize how many duplicate mp3s, photos, documents, video and other
files downloaded from the internet, shared with your friends. So what? Hard
drive is so cheap now, even 1TB cost not much just around US$100. However, the
problem is the file size are bigger than before thanks to advancement in
computational power. Music and photo can be magabytes, videos can be gigabytes.
So you can store up to 1000 movies in 1TB hard drive. If you don't manage your
files, you will end up in buying hard drives.
2. Cheaper than buying hard drives
NoClone is cheaper than buying new hard drives US$19.9 while discount vs US$100
1TB hard drive. In general, 20% are duplicate files in a hard drives.
3. No service downtime
Money is not an issue for you? You don't how to install a new hard drive? USB
external is a good option for novice users but can be slower than connecting by
SATA or SCSI. And your company won't allow service downtime of the servers to
install hardware? Discover True duplicate files and recover disk space with
NoClone, make no downtime! Discover duplicates and similar files in your file
server, network shares in your
coporate network now (download
Home/ Enterprise edition).
4. Reduce back up size
If 20% of back up files are duplicate and you need full backup daily due to
compliance issue? You can save 1 backup tape from 5 tapes if you remove
duplicates before backup.
5. Keep master copy, avoid sync problems
If different copies scattered around, you may edit one copy and edit another
later. This leads to sync problems. Why not keeping one master copy to avoid
confusions? One the other hand, in NoClone 2010, you can compare folders
regardless folder structure to find out changed files.
- True Byte-by-byte comparison , not by CRC
/ MD5, totally safe to delete files.
- Safe removal of all duplicate by replace duplicates file with
hard link . To see more about hard link , click here
- Scan 1,000,000 files at one single scan
- Search duplicate files sized larger than 2GB
- Search duplicate file contents regardless of file name
- Search duplicate pictures (jpg, gif), video (avi, mpg),
songs(mp3), DLLs and any file types
- Search files with same contents, same name and zero size files.
- Smart marker for marking duplicate files by date, version, size, folder
and file name pattern in any combination
- Preview files and properties
- Export result list to CSV format
- Search local hard drives and over network (Both Home and Enterprise
ed.) - comparison
- Retain file structure but safely save space by NTFS link. To see
more about hard link , click here
- Identify and recover wasted disk space
- Reduce backup time and media used for backups
- Reduce file searching time
- Minimize time used to unneeded virus scanning
- Obtain more free space on "limited" resources, like notebooks
- Remove duplicate files to eliminate synchronization problem
- Clean up hard disks
Zero-size are usually the temporary files, you can remove them to manage your
NoClone compare large files and large number of files
I am happy to read that the duplicate list is made by true byte-to-byte
comparison and not by CRC and therefore outmost SAFE. :-)