Similar Files / Grouping
Now you can scan for similar files instead of true byte-by-byte comparison to
uncover more suspected duplicate files. This is powerful fuzzy match to enhance
and replace "simple fuzzy match" and "truncated files" in previous version e.g.
v3. This feature can check similarity between files regardless of file size.
NoClone since version 4.1 can check similarity between Office documents like
Word doc but not down-sampled images and mp3 with different sampling rate.
- Uncover more "duplicates"; recover more valuable disk space
- Uncover different versions of documents, spreadsheets, mp3 and photos
- File management: save your valuable time
How much time will you spend in sorting out your unclassified files manually? 1
day? With this feature, you can use NoClone to help you to sort out quickly.
Example: Uncover installers of different version. You may downloaded different
version of installers, but most often, you just want to keep the latest, this
feature will help.
As you can see, you have
noclone4-enterprise-std.exe and noclone-home.4.0.46.exe and you just want to
keep the latest.
1. Select "Similar files" in Search Template
2. Define ... > Adjust the percentage of "Similarity" ("Similar content"
should be selected)
true byte-by-byte comparison, wrong grouping of unrelated files will be
resulted, please check carefully before deletion.